Thursday 1 March 2012

He goes before me.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

This week I was reminded of how much God cares for me. I walked into a situation where I was scared of being humilated because my thoughts had run away with me and I was aiming for something that wasn't there, i.e. I doubted my hearts desires and I doubted the promptings of the Holy Spirit. But I took the plunge nonetheless and of course, God proved faithful.

So there I was, ready to be made to look stupid or be disheartened, and then I find out that God had already gone before me to prepare the hearts and minds of the people I was going to see and to confirm with me that the promptings I was following were from Him.

I had a moment where I was just totally blown away at the thought of God speaking to someone about me.
I mean, God has spoken to me about other people to encourage them plenty of times but I've never really thought about it in this way; God cares about me and loves me so much that He would talk to someone else, about ME!... just to confirm what He has already spoken to me.
He doesn't have to do that... but he does it anyway, because He loves us and doesnt want us to be confused or frustrated in the plans He has for us.

I think sometimes we worry about how we are going to see Gods plans for our lives come to pass and we take each step as if it is dependent on us.
But that isn't the case. (Thank you, Lord)
You see, if God tells you to walk from one side of a bridge to the other, I think He'll provide the bridge... Don't you?
If God makes a plan for your life you can rest assured that He will go before you and pave the way and then He will be there for every step of it.

So we should take each step not as if it is dependent on ourselves,
but as if it is dependent on Him,
He will never leave you nor forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment