Wednesday 20 July 2011

Honesty

Every breath seems heavier than the last.
Every tear comes with a little more sadness.
Each good thought pushed through with a little extra effort.

Things were looking good, you were doing so well.
Until life threw its punches and gave its best shot.

It's not so easy when life gives you reason to give up.
"You're not good enough.
You don't understand.
No one understands.
Whats the point in trying?"
But
He has made you good enough.
He gives you understanding by His Spirit.
He is all you need.

I will learn the art of trusting in you, leaning on you, depending on you.
*
I will learn to stand firm in the truth you have given, even when the world reaches out to pull me down.
*
I will be reminded of the joy you have set in me that gives me strength and I will forever be thankful for it.
*
I will run this race with perseverence. Not by my strength, but by your Spirit, Lord.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment